Most of us have seen the offers for free bets in commercial breaks on television or on Internet pages. In general, we know that bookmakers are offering us a free bet or complimentary credit to use on their site. But here are some things you may not have known about free bets.
1. They have a time limit. Within the terms and conditions you will normally find how long the free bet offer lasts. Bookmakers will give punters a certain number of days in which to place their first bet or make their first deposit.
2. You will only get them on your first settled bet. In most cases these promotional offers will only be extended to completely new Roobet promo codes. Only by making your debut bet on their site will they deposit the bonus into your account.
3. They can be restricted to certain markets. Bookmakers can pick and choose where they will give you a promotional wager. For example, you may only receive your bonus if you make your stake on a horse race.
4. Offers can come with extras. Certain bookies will tie in complimentary bonuses in other areas of their site. Therefore, in making that first deposit you could also receive credit for the casino or free chips on the virtual poker table.
5. Some offers are extended to existing customers. There have been cases where bookmakers have made promotional offers available to both new and existing punters. For example, Skybet offered all customers who made a £10 wager on a Championship game a free £10 bet on a second game. This was because they became new sponsors of that league. Once you entered the promotional code and placed your first stake, your account was credited
6. Offering the codes is strategic. The promo codes decorated across the advertising aren’t there for the sake of it. Bookmakers use them to analyse their modes of marketing and decide how effective it is. This will help them discover the best ways to attract new bettors.
7. Voided bets won’t count towards the promotion. If you place a wager on an event that doesn’t take place, the bet will inevitably be voided. For example, the football match you took a punt on gets a rained out. This shouldn’t lose you your free bets offer.